5 Reasons You Should Live Abroad
Have you ever thought about living abroad? It’s different to travelling, you settle, you get into a routine, you work, but it is one of the best things you could ever do for yourself. Below are just 5 reasons why we think you should give it a go.
- You become independent – Even if you’ve moved with someone else, you realise that you can stand on your own two feet and capable of anything! It’s a truly invigorating feeling.
- You know your true self – Being so far from home makes you reflect on what makes you happy and what doesn’t, who makes you happy and who doesn’t and even makes you evaluate what you want to get from life. Are you in the right career? Do you want to travel more? Do you want to get back in touch with that childhood friend? Not knowing anyone in the area means you can have a fresh start. Get that piercing you’ve been too scared to get or dye your hair that colour your Mum would disapprove of. The possibilities are endless!
- It brings you closer to loved ones (emotionally speaking) – You are physically very far away from them but this makes you appreciate them more than you realised you could. This means you put in the effort to make time for them which you never do when see them all the time. No matter where in the world you are you’ll realise you cherish the gossip chats with your sister, catching up on the latest Kardashian episode with your best friend, have your Dad bore you about his team winning at the weekend or have a little cry to your Mum about how much you miss her roast dinners. There’s no place like home but sometimes the best thing to do is get away to realise how much you appreciate everyone and everything about it.
- It boosts your confidence – If you can do this, you can do anything. Even when times are tough and you’re thinking if it was all a big mistake, take a breath and look how far you’ve come. Not many people have the confidence or courage to take the leap and the sense of achievement you get when you’ve made the move is fantastic. You should be proud of yourself!
- You become more adventurous – You’ll find you do things in this new place that you would never dream of doing back home. Skydive? No biggy. Staying in a hostel? Meh. You’ll surprise yourself! This stems from the point before regarding your confidence getting a kick in the right direction. Say yes to new opportunities and things you wouldn’t usually dream of doing. You won’t regret it.